Tuesday, October 18, 2016

What to wear tips| Jacki G. Photography| Family & Newborn Photography| Richmond, VA

So you’ve booked a session with me. Now the fun part… planning what to wear! Here are four of my favorite “what to wear” tips for you and your family.
  •  Gone are the days where everyone wears a white shirt with blue jeans for family pictures. Instead, coordinate around a general color scheme of 3-4 colors, and then mix and match with different types of fabric, prints, solids, and/or accent colors. 
  • Accessorize and layer (think scarves, shirts, cute jackets, cardigans, vests, boots and jewelry!) Accessories and layers add interest and depth to photographs. 
  • I always suggest for moms to start with their outfit first. Find something that looks and feels great on YOU, moms! Then have your kids or husband snap a quick cell phone picture of you in your outfit. Do you still love the outfit? Perfect! Next up: build the rest of the family’s outfits around yours… (I usually start with finding something for the kids in the family and then find something for the hubs last).
  •  Don’t forget the shoes! I’m guilty of this one — especially for my own kids! My son wears bright blue high top tennis shoes. not something I exactly want in my family photos, right? Shoes don’t have to be fancy, just something a little nicer than bright blue tennis shoes. 
  • And lastly, please feel free to email or text me if you are looking for suggestions or are having a hard time deciding between a couple outfits! That’s what I am here for and is definitely part of custom photography experience if needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment